Best Areas of Calgary to Live In – Tuscany
Tuscany is an increasingly popular northwest Calgary community recognized as one of the top 15 best areas of Calgary to live in by Avenue Magazine in 2010.
Found on the brim of the city on an elevated plateau, Tuscany overlooks the Bow River Valley to the south and has magnificent views of the foothills and Rocky Mountains to the west.
Tuscany was established in 1994 and has seen steady growth ever since. It is a family oriented community where it feels safe to raise the kids and escaping west to the foothills and beyond is easier than ever.
Most of the homes in the area are single family homes with a few seniors’ residences, new condos and townhomes also scattered throughout.
Tuscany is a suburban community that feels like a town of its own. Central to Tuscany is an amenity node where you will find medical offices, groceries, a post office and drug store, various food and drink establishments plus other services.
Across the street from the shops is the Tuscany Club Community Association which is actively involved in fun activities and events for all ages making Tuscany an enjoyable place to live for youth and adults alike.
Recreational opportunity is abundant as there are paved pathways meandering through the various ravines (approximately 170 acres) found throughout Tuscany.
While the community could feel a bit separated from the big city, the newly built ring road of Stoney Trail and Crowchild Trail serve the residents of Tuscany extremely well for commuting to and from other parts of Calgary.
- Tuscany Public School – Kindergarten to Grade 4
- *Marion Carson Public School – Grade 5 and 6
- St. Basil Elementary / Junior High Catholic School – Kindergarten to Grade 8
- *F.E. Osborne Public Junior High – Grade 7 to 9
- Bowness Public High School – Grades 10 to 12
* have transportation provided through yellow bus services
If you are thinking of moving to Tuscany, it’s always good to know some relative statistics such as income levels, age groups and such. I have compiled some statistics from government census for you below.
- Ages 24 and below – 37.3% (2011)
- Ages 25 to 54 – 52.2%
- Ages 55 and up – 10.5%
- Average household income – $92,453 (2005)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 92.7%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 97.3%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 2.7%
Looking for more great Calgary communities? Find them at the Best Areas of Calgary to Live In today!