Romance, Love and that Special Someone in Calgary
Ever get tired of doing the same ol’ thing for date night? Feeling like dinner and a movie is getting a little played out, and although the mountains are close you would like to stay in town?
Well I have a feeling that a lot of people are feeling this way and since it is gorgeous here in Calgary I have thought of some ideas that you could do here in Calgary for a successful summer date night!
Anything you do on a date can be wonderful since the whole point is to spend some quality time together!
I love the Calgary restaurant scene and there are a few Calgary restaurants I would like to suggest, they have a very romantic atmosphere and are a good start, or end, to any perfect date.
Calgary Restaurants for a Date
- Una Pizza and Wine
- Moti Mahal
- Living Room
- Chili Club Thai House
- Chocolate Bar on 17th Ave (Dessert)
Some days do you just feel like taking it easy, perhaps going for a walk, holding hands and enjoying each others company?
For the Calgary hand holders:
Window shopping in; Kensington, uptown 17th, Eau Claire, and Inglewood. All three location host unique, interesting boutique stores that are always fun to go in and out of while enjoying some of Calgary’s most popular places. You can also try going for a River Walk; my favourite place to walk is along elbow around 4th street sw, walking west along the path.
- The Calgary Zoo
- The Science Centre
- Art Galleries
- Picnic’s and the Best Calgary Patios are always relaxing
- At River Café in Princes Island Park you can pre order Pick Nic Baskets (24 hours notice) and pick them up! A perfect picnic date in beautiful Prince’s Island Park.
Maybe hand holding isn’t your thing (lets get real, it’s everyone’s’ thing)! But you’re more of a “doer”
- Colour Me Mine – colour a sculpture of your choice with your significant other
- Bowness Park; featuring paddle boats, mini golf, miniature train ride and more!
- Cook Book Co. Cooking Classes
- Go Carting
- Aussie Rules Piano Bar – sing along to old classics and be entertained by comedic performances by not only the performers, but by the guests as well!
- Jubilations Dinner Theatre – be entertained by live performances while you enjoy a four course meal. Its lot’s of fun!
For the adrenaline junkie:
- Calaway Park
- C.O.P; zip lining and zorbing
- Horseback riding
- Shooting range
- Hot air balloon rides
- Helicopter ride over the Rocky Mountains
- Calgary Zoo lights at Christmas time
- Bowling at Chinook bowling centre
- Bonfire at Bowness Park
- Enjoying the view of downtown from Crescent Heights ridge
- YukYuks Comedy Club at the Elbow River Casino
- A night out on 17th Avenue Calgary
- West Rooftop Patio in summer
- Fireworks at Calgary Stampede and GlobalFest
I hope this has helped you think of some different and unique ways to spend time with that special someone.
What would be your idea of a perfect original date? Leave us a comment below and we will add it to the list!