Calgary Green REALTOR® – What is the NAR’s Green Designation?
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) has created a green designation program geared towards real estate agents to help them further their understanding in eco-friendly construction.
NAR’s Green Designation teaches advanced training in sustainable business and green building practices so that they can search for, comprehend and market real estate with green features.
Some of the training and tools a Green Designation REALTOR® acquires include:
- Access to members-only, fully customizable marketing tools to help clients gain a competitive edge
- An in-depth understanding of what it means to build green and the concerns & information consumers might have or want about green real estate
- Valuable education that helps a REALTOR® to broaden his market focus and abilities for clients, potential clients and associates
- Ongoing specialized training as well as exclusive benefits / resources to help stay on top of the latest and greatest in green real estate
CREB’s Go Green Challenge & Green Building Features
The Calgary Real Estate Board’s (CREB) Go Green Challenge is a program designed to reduce the ecological impact homes have.
By helping home owners and property owners alike to make smart, eco-friendly decisions and or modifications, the energy saved from such equals less of a environmental footprint.
Through the green program, a certified energy advisor will be sent to your home to complete an assessment.
Afterwards he or she will provide a checklist of things you can do personally to start reducing the amount of energy you use. Do your part and start saving energy today!
The Value of Green Construction
- By being eco-conscious you minimize your home’s environmental impact
- An energy evaluated home can increase your home’s marketability
- Opportunities exist to make more money in the future by investing wisely now
- Receive feedback from an expert with a home evaluation
- Rebates available through the Government of Alberta
Did you know that some people prefer to buy energy-efficient homes and that they might even pay more due to their cost effectiveness and efficiency?
Green homes are the future for not only residential, but commercial and all other types of construction, especially as countries around the world are becoming more aware of our environmental impact.
With that in mind, it is always important to check with your home builder on what they offer when it comes to “green” features.
Some builders have much more stringent “green” criteria than others – so do your homework!
Questions about Green Real Estate in Calgary?
As a highly experienced REMAX real estate agent with NAR Green Designation, I promise to help you find that perfect eco-friendly property in Calgary or sell your current green construction home while marketing its value to the fullest potential.
Call me anytime at 403-370-4180 or message me below for a prompt response. I am looking forward to helping you accomplish your real estate goals!