Palliser Southwest Calgary Homes
Palliser is a SW Calgary community host to a variety of well-established homes with larger than average lots sizes. Established in 1967, Palliser adopted its name from the famous Captain John Palliser who had an integral part in the early exploration and surveying of western Canada. Palliser included the area known as Pump Hill up until 1991, when they were segregated from each other into their own neighbourhoods.
Known for its typically older luxury houses, abundance of recreational spaces and prime Calgary location, Palliser has become a popular living destination in southwest Calgary. Homes in this community are considerably less than in the neighbouring luxury neighbourhoods of Pump Hill and Bayview.
Palliser Amenities and Services
One of the advantages of living in this well known Calgary community is the location. Only approximately six kilometers away from downtown Calgary, driving to and from the city centre takes about fifteen minutes. Driving to South Centre Mall or Chinook Mall takes even less time. Connectivity to main routes like Crowchild, Glenmore and Deerfoot take only minutes to reach that get you where you need to go around Calgary.
Two of its best attributes include being less than 500m south of the Glenmore Reservoir and having South Land Leisure Centre located on the SE corner of the community. Recreational opportunities provided by these two places alone are endless! With an extremely low crime rate and quiet ambiance, it’s no wonder why Palliser is one of Calgary’s desirable southwest communities.
Palliser students are designated to attend the same schools as its neighbouring community of Pump Hill. Chances are the kids will find friends in the area so attending the same school could be great! Both elementary and junior high are located in Palliser and Pump Hill, a fantastic convenience for parents. Elementary designation is to Nellie McClung (in Palliser), while junior high designation is to John Ware (in Pump Hill). High school students are to attend Henry Wise Wood which is somewhat close by, approximately 3.5 kilometers NE towards downtown Calgary.
Palliser is a great southwest Calgary location to live and is moderately close to downtown. We have put together some pertinent statistics concerning the area. (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 22.7%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 36.2%
- Ages 55 and up – 41.2%
- Average household income – $59,127 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 85.9%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 65.0%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 35.3%
Palliser Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – 90th Avenue SW
- Eastern Border – 19th Street SW
- Southern Border – Southland Drive SW
- Western Border – 24th Street SW
Questions about Southwest Calgary Homes?
I would love to answer them for you! Get a hold of me today at 403-370-4180 or message me below! This is my commitment to you.
Search all Palliser MLS® Real Estate Listings Now
9407 22 Street SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4177239$995,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,067 sq. ft.192 m2Proud to present this rare opportunity! This beautiful, professionally reno'd family home backs onto a quiet park in one of Palliser's most prime locations. Seldom do homes of this caliber appear for sale. Move-in ready & updated to today's high standards for a family wanting to live in one of Calgary's best neighbourhoods. Open floorplan on main level w/ a stunning kitchen overlooking the park beyond the west facing backyard. Kitchen is open to dining area & lg living room. Side family room & sunroom offer plenty of additional space. Upstairs there are 5 generously sized bedrooms - not common! One (or more) easily used as a home office. Updated bsmt w/ ample storage, den & add'l guest bathroom. Other features include: central AC, central vac, attached dbl garage, sunny (!) location w/ large windows, upgraded details throughout, pre wired for outdoor hottub, walking distance to Nellie Mclung & Glenmore Landing. Opportunities like this are not typically available! More detailsCENTURY 21 BAMBER REALTY LTD.
2423 PALISWOOD Road SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4172676$544,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,340 sq. ft.124 m2Welcome to this well established home, in an upscale neighborhood, situated close to $1million plus homes. Walking distance to South Glenmore Park, and the miles of pathways there, plus Southland Leisure Center & multiple shopping centres. Nellie McClung Elementary, plus Jr & Sr High's are all in a close proximity. This home is like a private retreat, being extremely private, with a park & playground right across the alley. It is a well maintained bungalow in immaculate condition, with original hardwood throughout some of the main floor. Living room has a cozy corner fireplace, with large windows for tons of natural light. Entrance way has custom wood work. Cozy kitchen has solid oak cabinetry, with a new windows & sliding patio door, to large 18'x8' deck. Massive rec room in the basement, furniture is included. Family room has corner wood burning fireplace, plus dry bar. Massive laundry room with tons of storage space. Double garage is detached, with double doors. More detailsCentury 21 PowerRealty.ca
2456 PALISADE Drive SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4150199$699,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,359 sq. ft.126 m2PLEASE VIEW THE 3D VIRTUAL TOUR! Professionally renovated, this beautiful 5 BEDROOM, 2 1/2 BATH bungalow, offers 2500 SQFT of living space on 2 FINISHED LEVELS. Located on a huge lot (60'x108') in an upscale community (Palliser) and a short walk to the great outdoors (South Glenmore Park) and well-known school (Nellie McClung). MAIN FLOOR: Refinished original oak floors; spacious foyer; pot lights; new windows/doors/trim; kitchen w/quartz countertop, porcelain tile floor, high-end stainless steel appliances; large master bedroom w/ensuite; main bath w/double sink, soaker tub & shower; two more large bedrooms. BASEMENT: Massive great room w/wet bar, premium carpet, gas fireplace; 2 more spacious bedrooms w/egress windows; full bath w/shower; laundry/utility w/upgraded furnace and hot water tank; high-end washer & dryer. EXTERIOR: Brick w/upgraded asphalt roof; new eaves/soffits; landscaped; oversized double garage. This home is a BEAUTY and is ready for immediate possession. More detailsCENTURY 21 BAMBER REALTY LTD.