Calgary Real Estate Market Update August 2013
Calgary residential home sales have remained strong through the summer, with the market remaining in sellers’ territory and prices continuing their upward trend.
Inside city limits there was 2,196 residential sales in August 2013, a whopping 27.5 percent increase over August 2012 and an 8.7 percent increase year to date compared with the same time last year.
The substantial year over year increase can be largely contributed to increased activity in Calgary’s single family home market, although on a year to date basis sales are only slightly above predictions.
Calgary Real Estate Single Family Home Market
- 1,517 total sales, an increase of 30 percent year over year
- Year to date sales are only 5.4 percent higher in comparison to 2012
- $464,700 benchmark price, up 7.4 percent year over year and 0.7 percent higher than in July 2013
- Many new upscale home listings are offering a wide range of upgrade options for buyers
Calgary Real Estate Condominiums and Townhomes Market
- 2,823 year to date condo / apartment sales, up 13.7 percent over the same time frame in 2012
- New condo listings are on the decline, causing tighter market conditions than seen in July 2013
- $270,600 condominium apartment benchmark price
- $298,500 condominium townhome benchmark price
- 21.4 percent increase in sales and a 2.6 percent boost in new listings for the condo / townhome market
Other Market Statistics
- New listings in August 2013 up 7.4 percent over August 2012
- New mortgage rules introduced last year caused an increase in demand for affordable homes throughout the city
More Calgary Market Updates
Questions about Calgary Real Estate?
…from an experienced REMAX Realtor in Calgary today! Call me anytime at 403-370-4180 or message me below for a response within the hour. I am looking forward to helping you accomplish your real estate plans.