Cougar Ridge Calgary Community Information and Home Listings
Cougar Ridge is an upscale southwest Calgary community founded in 2001 on what was formerly known as the East Springbank area.
Situated between the ski jumps of Canada Olympic Park and Old Banff Coach Road, finding a property with a breathtaking view is an easy thing to do at Cougar Ridge as its location offers home owners stunning views of the surrounding Calgary area.
With a large selection of home styles with varying prices, there is something for everyone at Cougar Ridge including new homes, resale homes and more!
Cougar Ridge Amenities and Services
Cougar Ridge is in an ideal location for those looking to make the best of outdoor recreation to live an active and healthy lifestyle. Sharing a border with Canada Olympic Park offers residents of Cougar Ridge ample access to some of the best recreation Calgary has to offer.
Go snowboarding in the winter or in the summer take full advantage of the parks and pathways meandering through natural reserves. COP’s indoor complex offers swimming, fitness and much more for those who love to stay active all year round!
As far as retail goes, a number of shopping areas such as Aspen Landing, West Springs Village and Strathcona Square are only a few minute’s drive away and have a number of useful everyday amenities and services. Whether it’s a fine dining experience at Mercato or a visit to St. Michael’s church on Sunday morning, find what you’re looking for conveniently close to your new Calgary home in Cougar Ridge.
And if downtown Calgary happens to be a frequent destination of yours, not to worry as Bow Trail is extremely close to the community and will take you quickly in to the heart of Calgary and back home again.
Cougar Ridge Schools
- Calgary French & International School – Offers full French immersion for preschoolers all the way up to high school. CFIS is a top notch private school who has an abundance of programs available for those looking to strive for the best!
- Waldorf School – A private school offering parent and tot programs plus preschool all the way up to grade nine. The Calgary Waldorf School is one of the large Waldorf international school family that includes over 900 institutions!
- Wildwood – elementary school designation for Cougar Ridge.
- Vincent Massey – junior high school designation for Cougar Ridge.
- Ernest Manning – senior high school designation for Cougar Ridge
Cougar Ridge Demographics
Statistics for the neighbourhood you are looking into can be a valuable part of your decision to buy there. We have put together some noticeable demographics you might find of interest for the community of Cougar Ridge in Calgary (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2005, 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 38.5%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 55.0%
- Ages 55 and up – 6.6%
- Average household income – $100,908 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 94.1%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 98.7%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 1.7%
Cougar Ridge Community Borders
- Northern Border – Paskapoo Slopes and Canada Olympic Park
- Eastern Border – Patterson Park
- Southern Border – Old Banff Coach Road
- Western Border – Natural area
Question about New Calgary Homes?
Call me directly at 403-370-4180 or message me below. If you are thinking of building a new Calgary home in the area, make the most informed decision and protect your best interests! Building Your New Calgary Home has some key tips on how to make it all go well.
For a list of local communities featuring some of the best new homes in the city, check out our New Calgary Homes Summary!