Do What the Locals Do – Episode 6 – Calgary Stampede
Fun filled Calgary activities, events and attractions! Come and do what local Calgarians do like going to the Calgary Stampede. As the greatest outdoor show on earth, you won’t be disappointed with this awesome, action packed summer event.
My favorite things to do down at the Stampede Grounds are going on rides, playing games, eating the delicious food (especially the mini-donuts), hanging out at the beer gardens, watching the fireworks and wandering the various displays, exhibits and expos. Sometimes I even go visit the Calgary Zoo afterwards because it is very close to where the Stampede grounds are.
It’s amazing to see the beautiful people of Calgary coming together for some raw fun!
Calgary Stampede Activities and Events Include:
- GMC Rangeland Dirby
- Stampede Rodeo
- Stampede Casino
- Coca-Cola Stage
- TransAlta Grandstand Show
- Stampede Parade
- Agriculture and Animals
- The Beach wave simulator
- Zip Line across the stampede grounds for 850 feet at over 60 kilometers an hour
- Rides, games, food and beer gardens
- Fireworks and more!
The Calgary Stampede…
- Began back in 1886 as the “Calgary Agricultural Society”
- More than 30,000 posters are distributed around the world on an annual basis
- Tourism spending attributable to the Calgary Stampede: 1$ spent at Stampede = $2.65 spent in the City of Calgary
- The Stampede Parade winds through 4.5 kilometers of downtown Calgary
- The entire stampede park is 193 acres!
- Largest prize in an outdoor rodeo; over $2 million!
- Over one million people attend the 10-day stampede each July
- The Calgary Stampede has had such an impact on the city of Calgary, that the city is informally referred to as “Stampede City” or “Cowtown” and the CFL team is called the “Stampeders”
Find more local activities and events in Calgary and Do What the Locals Do!