This Weekend in EV: Yoga, Pop-up Library & More
What is happening?
There’s lots to look forward to this up and coming weekend in downtown Calgary with the East Village Junction Patio Weekend #2 happening from July 20th to the 23rd!
East Village Junction – the neighbourhoods most vibrant lot – is a pop-up shopping / event hub made up of colourfully painted shipping containers that has become a huge gathering space for people from all over the city.
At every East Village Junction event, there’s a lot to see and do, including:
- Shopping (container shops)
- Eating (food trucks)
- Live performances
- Art displays
Where is it happening?
Southwest corner of 8th Avenue and 4th Street SE just north of National Music Centre a.k.a. Studio Bell, one and a half blocks from the City Hall LRT Terminal and 2.5 blocks south of the renowned RiverWalk pathways.
When is it happening?
Every junction weekend aims to bring a different variety of activities and events to the downtown community. Here’s the event listings and times for this weekend:
Thursday, July 20th – 12:00pm to 8:00pm
- Creative Living Room Series presented by containR by Springboard Performance
Friday, July 21st – 12:00pm to 8:00pm
- 12:10pm – 1:10pm – yoga 4 the people with Lululemon Athletica
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm – EV Pop-Up Library with the Calgary Public Library
- 5:00pm – 8:00pm – BassBus Junction Jams
Saturday, July 22nd – 10:00am – 6:00pm
- 10:00am – Hot Behind Run Crew with Connie DeSousa and Lululemon Athletica
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm – Y0 MOMMA Singer-Songwriter Circle
Sunday, July 23rd – 10:00am – 6:00pm
- 9:30am – 10:30am – YYC Run Crew with Lululemon Athleica
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm – Voices in the Village
I Love East Village
So much has happened in East Village since it began redevelopment back in 2012. From the National Music Centre (Studio Bell) to the Hilton Hotel to the Calgary Public Library to St. Patrick’s Island, there’s a ton to be excited about in the up and coming community.
For more information on what’s going on down in EV, be sure to check out East Village: Projects, News and Everything Else today.