Elboya is an upscale southwest Calgary community part of a string of luxury home areas lining the Elbow River. This walk able riverside community is where some of Calgary’s finest infill luxury homes are and for good reason!
Elboya has become an exclusive community because of its inner city location, where a drive to downtown is about ten minutes, and all the amenities and services needed for a comfortable living experience are found nearby.
Let’s not forget about the abundance of recreational opportunities provided by the extensive river pathways and parks. Elboya is a Calgary community where people move to stay. Properties are expensive and will only go up in demand and price as Calgary grows.
Elboya Amenities and Services
What better place to live an active and healthy lifestyle than in a community such as Elboya with direct access to one of the best outdoor recreational tools Calgary has to offer, while being in walking distance to the Talisman Centre, one of the city’s best indoor recreational facilities?
What about services and amenities other than recreation? Elboya borders Macleod Trail that just happens to be covered with hundreds, if not thousands of businesses in either direction. Find large shopping malls, department stores, food and entertainment and more driving either direction.
Living a luxury lifestyle in Elboya is easy because of the added convenience of all the nearby amenities and services. Residents never have to worry about long drives for errands because everything is available in close proximity to the community.
- Elementary – Elboya Elementary is located within the community borders and is another added convenience of buying a luxury home in the area.
- Junior High – Elboya Junior High is also located within the community, keeping your kids close to home and giving them the opportunity to walk to school during their junior high years.
- Senior High – Western Canada Senior High is the designated high school for Elboya and is located not far from the community on 17th Avenue SW, well within walking distance for teens.
Elboya Calgary Luxury Homes can be pricey. If you are thinking of making the commitment to buy in Elboya, some of the government census statistics for the area might be of interest for you. Here are some… (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 30.2%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 48.1%
- Ages 55 and up – 21.8%
- Average household income – $56,826 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 87.6%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 52.6%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 47.4%
Elboya Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – Elbow River
- Eastern Border – 4th Street Road, 45th Avenue SW and Macleod Trail SW
- Southern Border – 50th Avenue SW
- Western Border – Elbow Drive SW
Also, be sure to check out Calgary Luxury Homes in Brittania, one of Elboya’s neighbouring communities!
Questions about Elboya Calgary Luxury Homes?
Learn more of Calgary luxury homes at our Calgary Luxury Homes and Communities