West Springs New Calgary Homes Building Opportunities
Looking for a new home in the west side of Calgary? In West Springs there are several new home building opportunities for you to consider.
These enclaves include high end finishings set within an established community with many nearby amenities and lifestyle options. Two of these current enclaves are:
- West Land Estates
- West Park
Why Live in West Springs Calgary?
West Springs is a southwest Calgary neighbourhood found on the western edge of the city. Established in 2001, West Springs has seen the development of new subdivisions over the years and has expanded in size as a result.
Some huge benefits of living in West Springs are…
- Owning a quality new Calgary home which is not too close but not too far from downtown (about a 15 minute drive)
- Living in an area with immediate access to natural reserves and more for ample recreational opportunity
- Having most of the necessary amenities and services provided for you in nearby shopping centres.
West Springs has a large selection of new homes and resale homes for you to choose from!
West Springs Amenities
West Springs offers only the best of recreational opportunities for its residents. Living on the edge of Calgary offers quick access to places like Bragg Creek, Kananaskis Country and the Rocky Mountains, while a number of natural reserves, parks and pathways are nearby in the vicinity of West Springs as well.
Let’s not forget about Canada Olympic Park, which turns into a ski hill during winter and has a full sports facility at the base of its escarpment.
West Springs residents can take full advantage of three main shopping areas situated near to or in their community including West Springs Village, Strathcona Square and Aspen Landing. With places like Fergus & Bix, Co-op, Starbucks and much more, they are surely not to disappoint!
Traveling a little further will bring residents to West Side Rec. Centre, West Hills / Signal Hill and Macleod Trail for the rest of their amenity and service needs.
West Springs Schools
- St. Joan of Arc – A Calgary catholic school offering education for students in Kindergarten up to and including grade nine. Recently opened in 2008, there is high demand for spots and the school is currently looking for ways to accommodate all students looking to attend. Also a notable program at St. Joan of Arc is the Hockey Canada Skills Academy for grade seven to grade nine. This program integrates hockey training into top notch education and is great for those looking to develop their skills more acutely during crucial developmental years as a minor hockey player.
- West Springs – elementary school designation for West Springs
- Vincent Massey – junior high school designation for West Springs
- Ernest Manning – senior high school designation for West Springs
West Springs Demographics
Thinking of purchasing a new Calgary home in the community of West Springs? Here are some relevant government census statistics you might find interesting for the area! (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2005, 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 38.2%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 52.2%
- Ages 55 and up – 9.6%
- Average household income – $106,411 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 89.9%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 97.0%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 3.3%
West Springs Community Borders
- Northern Border – Old Banff Coach Road SW
- Eastern Border – Community of Coach Hill
- Southern Border – Bow Trail SW
- Western Border – Natural areas
Questions about West Springs Calgary Homes?
If you are thinking of building new, be sure to check out Building Your New Calgary Home for some useful tips!