Windsor Park Calgary Community and Home Search
In Windsor Park you will find a diverse mix of Calgary inner city homes ranging from multi-family apartments and condominiums to estate luxury homes and new infills, some of which border the Calgary Golf & Country Club on the Elbow River and Glenmore Reservoir.
Windsor Park is a stellar community offering buyers the conveniences of inner city living without the hefty price tag, while its infill and luxury homes provides options for buyers looking for something a little more upscale.
More southwest Calgary inner city communities can be found at our South Calgary Infill Neighbourhoods post.
One undeniably attractive characteristic of Windsor Park is its close proximity to the Elbow River where Windsor Park residents will have full opportunity to enjoy countless kilometres of pathways and multiple parks in both directions.
To the north is downtown, Stanley Park, Altadore Park, Sandy Beach Park, the Calgary Beltline, Mission, the Talisman Centre, Stampede Grounds, East Village, the Bow River and Fort Calgary. To the south, the Glenmore Reservoir, Weaselhead Natural Area, North Glenmore Park, Heritage Park and more!
Windsor Park Schools
- Public Elementary / Junior High – Elboya – 4804, 6th Street SW – 403-777-7760
- Public / French Immersion Senior High – Western Canada – 641 17th Avenue SW – 403-228-5363
- French Immersion Elementary – William Reid (k-4) – 12011 Bonaventure DR SE – 403-777-6890
- French Immersion Junior High – Elboya (5-9) – 4804 6th Street SW – 403-777-7760
Windsor Park Amenities
Macleod Trail – only a few minutes away is Macleod Trail south where residents of Windsor Park can find almost anything they need, including…
- RONA / Home Depot
- Chinook Mall / Southcentre Mall
- Stampede Grounds
- World Health Gym
- LRT Stations
- Restaurants and grocers
- Strip malls and professional services
- And much more…
Beltline – a few minutes north is one of Calgary’s most popular amenity districts. The Calgary Beltline is home to some of the best in Calgary, including…
- Countless restaurants, entertainment and nightlife venues
- Sunterra Market, Safeway, Community Health Foods and Co-op
- Annual festivals and events such as the Calgary Lilac Festival
- Boutique shops
- Professional services
- And much more…
Blackfoot Industrial Area – home to some of Calgary’s industrial businesses dealing with construction materials, special parts and other things of the sort.
Downtown Calgary – residents of Windsor Park have easy access to downtown Calgary via Macleod Trail North. Downtown is host to thousands of businesses ready to serve!
Westhills / Signal Hill Shopping Centres – less than 10 minutes away heading west on Glenmore to access over 100 businesses and services. It’s that easy!
Windsor Park Demographics
Here are some of the latest demographics collected by the Alberta Government on Windsor Park Calgary. If you have any questions about them, call me anytime!
- Ages 24 and under – 18% (2011)
- Ages 25 to 54 – 56.7% (2011)
- Ages 55 and over – 25.1% (2011)
- Average household income – $43,828 (2005)
- Population with a high school diploma or higher – 85.0% (2006)
- Residents who own their property – 46.0% (2006)
- Residents who rent their property – 54.0% (2006)
Windsor Park Community Borders
- Northern Border – 50th Avenue SW
- Eastern Border – Macleod Trail S
- Southern Border – 58th Avenue SW
- Western Border – Calgary Golf & Country Club
More on Calgary Inner City Homes
Questions about Windsor Park Calgary?
I am looking forward to getting in touch with you and helping you accomplish your real estate goals!