Parkdale is another inner city location just minutes away from downtown Calgary. Its unique location has brought on much redevelopment including new Calgary infill construction projects as well as the renovations of existing homes.
Parkdale was established by the City of Calgary as a post WWII outer city community in 1948 but is now located within its inner core. Parkdale has ample access to downtown, main roads, public transportation and amenities; everything that a home owner needs.
Search Parkdale Calgary MLS Listings
715 33 Street NW in Calgary: Parkdale House for sale : MLS®# C4204971$1,926,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,322 sq. ft.309 m2This stunning French Provincial style home comes with its very own custom Romeo & Juliet railings and is situated on a 50'x120' lot w/a west backyard in the quaint community of Parkdale. This exquisite home is walking distance to the river, the Foothill's & Children's Hospital, as well as downtown. This home is 4800 sqft, with 5 bedrooms, 4 up, two w/en-suite and the remaining two bedrooms share a Jack & Jill bathroom. The separate office and dining room encompass a spectacular craftsmanship & design with coffered & vaulted ceilings, crown molding, wainscoting and custom paneling to travertine tile surrounding the gas fireplace. The gourmet kitchen features Energy Star Thermador appliances, a large island, an adjacent huge walk-in butler pantry, home center, complete with a quartz countertop, built-in with cabinets. The living rm offers three 7' windows and a gas fireplace surrounded by built-ins. French doors off the nook open onto the patio leading to the outdoor fireplace of the triple garage. More detailsListed by SUTTON GROUP CANWEST
720 35A Street NW in Calgary: Parkdale House for sale : MLS®# C4215903$1,699,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,211 sq. ft.205 m2Brand New Bungalow on a full sized 50ft lot! This huge custom home is fully loaded with 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths, dramatic ceilings, custom gourmet kitchen, huge living/dining room. The fully developed basement has 9 ft ceilings, wet bar, 2 additional bedrooms, large rec room, games room, in floor heating and more! The executive master bedroom has a large walk-in-closet, 6-pce bath including a large shower and separate tub. The custom open kitchen is perfect for entertaining with a massive island, private pantry, high end Bosch appliances, and overlooks the huge living/dining room. The grand living room has a vaulted ceiling, gas fireplace, lots of windows, and glass doors to concrete patio. With over 3900ft2 of developed space, this impressive bungalow has all the features an upgrades you are looking for. Built by Castellano Custom Homes, full new home warranty, located close to the Foothills Hospital, river/bike paths, and downtown, must be seen to be appreciated. Ready for immediate occupancy! More detailsListed by RE/MAX REALTY PROFESSIONALS
724 34 Street NW in Calgary: Parkdale House for sale : MLS®# C4187571$1,967,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,645 sq. ft.339 m2Stunning contemporary home located across from a park on one of Parkdale's most desired streets. Gracious entry opens to West exposed living area & formal dining. Office/den is drenched in natural light. Kitchen comp. w/ Sub Zero Fridge, 6 Burner/2 Oven Wolf Range, 2 Asko dishwashers, functional quartz L-shaped island. Kitchen opens to informal living area compl. w/ linear FP & many built-ins. Walk out to lg deck, great extension of living space. Lg mudroom provides ample storage. Upper boasts stunning master w/ views West to the park, custom closets & luxurious 6 pc en-suite. Two other great sized bedrooms share a jack & jill bath. Flex room w/ 3 pc bath (currently used as 4th bed up), also designed to be media rm if desired. Lower offers soaring 10ft ceilings, wine room, fitness/games area, & dedicated media room. 5th bed & full bath complete the lower. Parkdale is highly desired for it's proximity to Foothills Hospital, highly rated schools & downtown. Call for more info! More detailsListed by RE/MAX REAL ESTATE (CENTRAL)
Amenities and Services
Parkdale is conveniently located near University Heights strip mall that has over two dozen business ready to serve you. If you are looking for something else a short five minute drive or less going east along the Trans-Canada you will find Home Depot and North Hill Mall. If you can’t find what you are looking for at one of these locations, try going west and turning onto Shaganappi Trail North to visit one of Calgary’s shopping centres, Market Mall.
Foothills Hospital is located just north of the community and just a kilometre or so past that is McMahon Stadium and then the University of Calgary. SAIT Polytechnic, Alberta College of Art and Design and the Jubilee Auditorium are located in less than five minutes of driving from the community as well!
Amenities and services surrounding this inner city community will make sure that you never have to stray farther than five kilometers from your house unless you desire to do so. Everything you need from A to Z, automobile services to entertainment and restaurants, is just a short drive away!
Parkdale is home to one elementary school. University Elementary provides great education for kindergarten to grade six. Students are then designated to attend Queen Elizabeth Junior High and Senior High school for the remainder of their public education. Queen Elizabeth is located within Hillhurst, which just happens to be less than a ten minute drive away.
Statistics are always essential knowledge for any home buyer before buying a home in an unknown community. Check out some of Parkdale’s statistics recently collected from Government Census (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 22.6%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 44.6%
- Ages 55 and up – 32.9%
- Average household income – $59,323 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 84.2%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 62.1%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 38.5%
Parkdale is serviced by over a dozen routes that either have stops along its borders or within the community itself. These routes include route 1 – Bowness and Forest Lawn, route 9 – Varsity Acres and Bridgeland, route 17 – Renfrew and Spruce Cliff, Route 19 and 119 – 16th Avenue North, route 72 and 73 – City Circle Route, route 91 – Lion’s Park and Brentwood, route 113 – Montgomery, route 174 – Scenic Acres Express, route 181 – Mount Royal University North Express, route 404 – North Hill, route 405 – Hillhurst and finally route 419 – Parkdale and Foothills.
These routes all have particular paths around the city where they cover anywhere that you need to go. There are five total LRT stations within three kilometers of the community as well, with the closest one being Banff Trail Station. Commuting using public transportation while living in Parkdale has never been easier.
Parkdale Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – Foothills Hospital from the 16th Avenue NW to 29th Street NW
- Eastern Border – 28th Street NW from 8th Avenue to the Bow River
- Southern Border – Bow River from 28th Street NW and Shouldice Bridge to Shaganappi Trail North.
- Western Border – Shaganappi Trail North from Shouldice Bridge to 16th Avenue NW
More Inner City…
Questions about Calgary Inner City Homes?