Rosscarrock is an inner city Calgary community located in the southwest quadrant between the neighbourhoods of Shaganappi and Westgate. This inner city community is less than three kilometres to downtown and has seen many new infill developments in the past decade.
Establishment for Rosscarrock dates back to 1954. Rosscarrock has a building designation allowing construction of semi-detached, single-detached and duplex residences only.
Rosscarrock Amenities and Services
Rosscarrock is home to Westbrook Mall where you will find a plethora of businesses including Safeway and Wal-Mart to name a few. 17th Avenue SW is also home to many businesses from east to west.
If you are an outdoor person take advantage of three of the best Calgary parks including Edworthy Park, Douglas Fir Trail and Glendale Meadows. Cross Bow Trail SW and reach the river parkway just down Spruce Cliff’s escarpment for an enjoyable experience by the Bow River. For indoor recreation, travel west up Bow Trail to find Westhills Rec. Centre, while Killarney Rec. Centre is even closer than that!
- Rosscarrock is home to Rosscarrock Elementary
- Junior high designation is Vincent Massey, while high school designation is to Ernest Manning, both of which are less than a ten minute walk from any point in Rosscarrock.
- Mount Royal University is less than five kilometres away and University of Calgary can be accessed via bus routes going downtown to the LRT terminal.
Rosscarrock is a great community to live in with all the essentials for a comfortable living experience and more! Here are some stats from City of Calgary from surveys that a potential home buyer might find interesting (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 29.3%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 57.2%
- Ages 55 and up – 13.6%
- Average household income – $43,820 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 75.4%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 33.2%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 67.1%
Public transportation for Rosscarrock can be found on 17th Avenue SW and Bow Trail in the eastern region. Not to worry, there are multiple bus routes that serve different areas, covering a wide spectrum of city routes when commuting to and fro.The new West LRT Line is now up and running, making public transportation for Rosscarrock that much more convenient.
Routes servicing Rosscarrock or areas close by include Renfrew and Spruce Cliff, Signal Hill, Valley Ridge, Circle Routes, Coach Hill, Strathcona, Cougar Ridge, BRT North and West, 69th Street, Glenbrook, Killarney and 26th Avenue. Walking to the eastern region from the furthest west point should take a person no longer than eight minutes to reach the closest bus stop.
Rosscarrock Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – Bow Trail SW from 45th Street SW to 33rd Street SW
- Eastern Border – 33rd Street SW from Bow Trail to 17th Avenue SW
- Southern Border – 17th Avenue SW from 33rd Street SW to 45th Street SW
- Western Border – 45th Street SW from 17th Avenue SW to Bow Trail SW
Questions about Calgary Inner City Homes?
Don’t hesitate to call me today at 403-370-4180 for answers! I am looking forward to your call!
Calgary Inner City Home Resources
Search All Rosscarrock Real Estate Listings
948 42 Street SW in Calgary: Rosscarrock House for sale : MLS®# C4234086$899,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,196 sq. ft.204 m2*INCREDIBLE PRICE for TOP NOTCH FINISHINGS*BRAND NEW*MASSIVE Inner City DETACHED Infill with over 3200 square ft of developed gorgeous living space. The main floor presents with 10' ceilings, STUNNING hardwood throughout, large kitchen, 10' island with corner pantry and ample cupboard space. The front formal dining area and open floor plan make entertaining an absolute pleasure. The focal point at the rear of the home, is a box coffered ceiling and custom built in with contemporary fireplace, adding to the home's overall ambiance. The upper floor features complete additional hardwood flooring. The private master retreat with large walk in closet and expansive ensuite can be further enjoyed on your upper front patio. The large secondary bedrooms, bathroom and laundry room complete the upper floor. The basement boasts a large wet bar area; spacious fourth bedroom, sprawling entertainment area, and rough in for hydronic heated floors. Custom built detached homes of this magnitude do not come along often. More detailsListed by CIR REALTY
1404 43 Street SW in Calgary: Rosscarrock House for sale : MLS®# C4233729$519,500Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,011 sq. ft.94 m2Rare opportunity to own a 50’ x 122’ CORNER LOT for development. Great location in Rosscarrock. Close to amazing area schools & parks, Westbrook Mall, West LRT, Edworthy Park & the Bow River pathway system, city transit & minutes to downtown. Easy access to Recreation Areas (Hwy’s West to Banff, Calaway Park, Canada Olympic Park, Bragg Creek. Rear double garage. Vacant 3 bedroom bilevel, shingles and fence replace in 2012. The new electrical panel and over head service and wiring has been run and installed. Very large newer deck off patio doors. Property sold in “as is” condition. More detailsListed by REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS INC.
1110 42 Street SW in Calgary: Rosscarrock House for sale : MLS®# C4228689$765,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,794 sq. ft.167 m2Quality craftsmanship in this Rosscarrock home has created a beautiful, warm, and welcoming space. The main floor is breathtaking, with architectural details and deluxe finishings. A three-sided fireplace is a lovely focal point and smart visual division of the living area. The bright and spacious kitchen features rich wood tones and beautiful tile work. A generous island with an eating bar and a full pantry are added luxuries, while sleek granite and elite appliances complete the ultimate chef’s kitchen. Upstairs, the master with its gorgeous ensuite is a peaceful oasis. Two additional bedrooms, a bathroom, and upstairs laundry finish this level. Downstairs, large windows, high ceilings and great lighting make the lower level equal parts bright and cozy; perfect for entertaining as guests pull up a seat at the bar. A fourth bathroom and bedroom here are convenient for overnight guests. The pergola and terraced patio in the landscaped yard are ideal for outdoor entertaining or enjoying the hot tub. More detailsListed by REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS INC.
1650 42 Street SW in Calgary: Rosscarrock Land for sale : MLS®# C4232145$324,900Land
- MLS® Num:
- C4232145Beautiful Extra wide lot for,well designed very practical floor planed lot with Development permits which is approved for 2372 Sq feets + 900 Sq feets basement plans with separate entrance & separate laundry for your mother-in-law 2 bedroom unit total livable area approximately will be 3300 Sq feets in three levels,You can start in one week, Great location to built your dream house in best inner-city & very convenient location only 10 minutes to downtown, three hundred meters from 45 St,SW C-Train Station, fourth station from Down-Town. Minutes away from West side recreation center, Signal hills and West Brook shopping area ,Only 4th stop from (CBD)downtown city center & Bustling 17 ave SW. Options available either build yourself or we can build for you! City taxes are not determined yet.Lot 1646 & 1642 North side is also available. More detailsListed by ESTATEVIEW
1642 42 Street SW in Calgary: Rosscarrock Land for sale : MLS®# C4232144$324,900Land
- MLS® Num:
- C4232144Development permits is approved for 2372 Sq feets + 900 Sq feets basement plans total livable area approximately will be 3300 Sq feets in three lavels with separate entrance, You can start in one week, Permit & other required paper work is done till building permits, Great location to built your dream house in best inner-city & very convenient location only three hundred meters from 45 St,SW C-Train Station, fourth station from Down-Town. Minutes away from Westside recreation center, Signal hills and WestBrook shopping area , City Centre & Bustling 17 ave SW. Options available either build yourself or we can build for you! City taxes are not determined yet.Lot 1646 & 1650 south side is also available for sale. More detailsListed by ESTATEVIEW