Bayview is a sought after SW Calgary community host to some of the city’s premier luxury homes.
Located on the southeast brim of the reservoir, Bayview luxury homes have larger than average lot sizes and are only minutes away from an extensive park and pathway network along the Elbow River, while some homes back out onto the Glenmore Reservoir itself.
The community is also one of Calgary’s wealthiest communities with an extremely high average household income where you will find many homes completely renovated inside and out.
If you are looking for a luxury single-family home in Calgary, Bayview is definitely a great place to start looking!
I personally know a family of five going on 15 years now who have lived in Bayview ever since.
They absolutely love the neighbourhood and have nothing except for good things to say about their living experience. They also just recently did a complete renovation of their house and aren’t planning on moving anywhere.
Bayview is definitely a Calgary luxury home community where people tend to settle for the long term.
Bayview Amenities and Services
Ample recreational and leisure opportunity for Bayview residents is provided by the network of parks and pathways on the Glenmore Reservoir where you will also find boat docks and small marinas for canoes and paddle boats.
Southland Leisure Centre with an indoor wave pool and slides, hockey rinks, gymnasiums, fitness centre and more is less than 10 minutes of walking.
The kids will never have a dull moment with so many things to do in and around the neighbourhood!
Numerous amenities and services are found at nearby strip malls where you will find everything from grocery stores to restaurants and pubs.
Two of the largest shopping centres in Calgary, Chinook Mall and South Centre Mall, are less than a 10 minute drive away while everything else you wouldn’t find at the strip malls close to Bayview are found on Southland Drive, Elbow Drive and Macleod Trail.
Multiple bus routes service the area, allowing for quick and easy access to the Calgary Transit public transportation system.
- Elementary – Nellie McClung is found just across 90th Avenue SW in the Calgary Luxury Community of Palliser. A convenient location for dropping off and picking up the young ones.
- Junior High – Found in the neighbouring Luxury community of Pump Hill, John Ware is within walking distance for junior high students!
- Senior High – Henry Wise Wood is situated along Elbow Drive and 75th Avenue SW. It is definitely within walking distance and is a decent bike ride.
Luxury home owners know what they want out of their house, community and area. Below you will find some pertinent information collected on this prestigious luxury community by the latest city census. (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2006 and 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 29.0%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 29.0%
- Ages 55 and up – 42.0%
- Average household income – $141,576 (2006)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 86.1%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 97.9%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – %
Bayview Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – Glenmore Reservoir
- Eastern Border – Glenmore Landing
- Southern Border – 90th Avenue SW
- Western Border – South Glenmore Park