Palliser Southwest Calgary Homes
Palliser is a SW Calgary community host to a variety of well-established homes with larger than average lots sizes. Established in 1967, Palliser adopted its name from the famous Captain John Palliser who had an integral part in the early exploration and surveying of western Canada. Palliser included the area known as Pump Hill up until 1991, when they were segregated from each other into their own neighbourhoods.
Known for its typically older luxury houses, abundance of recreational spaces and prime Calgary location, Palliser has become a popular living destination in southwest Calgary. Homes in this community are considerably less than in the neighbouring luxury neighbourhoods of Pump Hill and Bayview.
Palliser Amenities and Services
One of the advantages of living in this well known Calgary community is the location. Only approximately six kilometers away from downtown Calgary, driving to and from the city centre takes about fifteen minutes. Driving to South Centre Mall or Chinook Mall takes even less time. Connectivity to main routes like Crowchild, Glenmore and Deerfoot take only minutes to reach that get you where you need to go around Calgary.
Two of its best attributes include being less than 500m south of the Glenmore Reservoir and having South Land Leisure Centre located on the SE corner of the community. Recreational opportunities provided by these two places alone are endless! With an extremely low crime rate and quiet ambiance, it’s no wonder why Palliser is one of Calgary’s desirable southwest communities.
Palliser students are designated to attend the same schools as its neighbouring community of Pump Hill. Chances are the kids will find friends in the area so attending the same school could be great! Both elementary and junior high are located in Palliser and Pump Hill, a fantastic convenience for parents. Elementary designation is to Nellie McClung (in Palliser), while junior high designation is to John Ware (in Pump Hill). High school students are to attend Henry Wise Wood which is somewhat close by, approximately 3.5 kilometers NE towards downtown Calgary.
Palliser is a great southwest Calgary location to live and is moderately close to downtown. We have put together some pertinent statistics concerning the area. (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 22.7%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 36.2%
- Ages 55 and up – 41.2%
- Average household income – $59,127 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 85.9%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 65.0%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 35.3%
Palliser Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – 90th Avenue SW
- Eastern Border – 19th Street SW
- Southern Border – Southland Drive SW
- Western Border – 24th Street SW
Questions about Southwest Calgary Homes?
I would love to answer them for you! Get a hold of me today at 403-370-4180 or message me below! This is my commitment to you.
Search all Palliser MLS® Real Estate Listings Now
9839 PALISTONE Road SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4218223$599,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,460 sq. ft.136 m2Huge $50K price reduction! This home lives BIG inside & into the outdoor living space. Located within walking distance from coveted schools (Nellie McClung, John Ware, Louis Riel), shopping and beautiful Glenmore Reservoir, this outstanding home features a gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, 3 bedrooms on the main floor, 1 bedroom downstairs and main floor laundry. The Master bedroom has a ensuite bath and amazing walk-in closet. A second bathroom on the main floor features a deep jetted Jaccuzi tub, as does the downstairs bathroom. Lower level finished to the same quality as upstairs includes a play/exercise room, large living area and TONS of storage. There's also extra storage in the oversized garage and a shed that is hidden out of site along one side of the home. The backyard features an oversized deck for entertaining, a flagstone eating area and a covered gazebo for barbecuing. Home comes with a newer roof, recent new paint, double hot water tanks and lovely neighbours. More detailsListed by ROYAL LEPAGE BENCHMARK
9448 22 Street SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4216152$518,888Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,272 sq. ft.118 m2Welcome to Palliser, one of Calgary's most established neighbourhoods. This renovated bungalow with hardwood floors throughout and updated windows, sits on a massive corner lot. Its well designed layout offers 4 spacious bedrooms above grade. The floor to ceiling windows in your living room offer endless natural light - from the growing morning light to the fading sun as it sets on the horizon. Entertain friends, cozy up to read a book by the new gas fireplace, or simply savour the sunset over the schoolyard from your new front deck. Enjoy your time in your gorgeous new kitchen with seemingly endless counter space and high end appliances; stay connected with your guests as you prepare meals in the open concept kitchen space. Moving down the hallway you will find a full bath, and 4 spacious bedrooms including the master with its own half bath. A 5th bedroom and full bath is found downstairs. The property is surrounded by a huge yard with a new fence, and new landscaping. *See additional remarks* Downstairs offers endless amounts of storage, with an additional 1272sq/ft. A second living space also equipped with a gas fireplace so that you can snuggle up and watch movies downstairs. Move back into a bonus room that is currently being used as a home gym. The 5th bedroom downstairs offers a spacious layout and its own full bathroom. A perfect space to have friends or family spend the night. This property also features new soffit, fascia & eavestroughs, front deck, backyard deck space, majority new windows, and a high efficiency furnace. More detailsListed by CHARLES
9815 PALISCLIFFE Road SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4215334$518,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,280 sq. ft.119 m2Incredibly well presented single family home in the sought after community of Palliser. Walking distance to parks, rec facilities and exceptional schools, the location is a huge asset for professionals and families alike. On the main level of this charming bungalow you will find 3 good-sized bedrooms, 4-piece bathroom and large living area with hardwood. The large kitchen connects to an impressive rear addition that provides an abundance of natural light, a true asset to the home. Downstairs you are greeted with a large open basement that has been fully finished to a modern standard, large living and rec room area, 4-piece bathroom and attractive fireplace. The property benefits from new furnace; hot water tank and roof have been replaced within the last 10 years. Discover your own private oasis when you venture into the exceptionally well-maintained back yard. The home is complete with single attached garage. More detailsListed by REDLINE REAL ESTATE GROUP INC.