Palliser Southwest Calgary Homes
Palliser is a SW Calgary community host to a variety of well-established homes with larger than average lots sizes. Established in 1967, Palliser adopted its name from the famous Captain John Palliser who had an integral part in the early exploration and surveying of western Canada. Palliser included the area known as Pump Hill up until 1991, when they were segregated from each other into their own neighbourhoods.
Known for its typically older luxury houses, abundance of recreational spaces and prime Calgary location, Palliser has become a popular living destination in southwest Calgary. Homes in this community are considerably less than in the neighbouring luxury neighbourhoods of Pump Hill and Bayview.
Palliser Amenities and Services
One of the advantages of living in this well known Calgary community is the location. Only approximately six kilometers away from downtown Calgary, driving to and from the city centre takes about fifteen minutes. Driving to South Centre Mall or Chinook Mall takes even less time. Connectivity to main routes like Crowchild, Glenmore and Deerfoot take only minutes to reach that get you where you need to go around Calgary.
Two of its best attributes include being less than 500m south of the Glenmore Reservoir and having South Land Leisure Centre located on the SE corner of the community. Recreational opportunities provided by these two places alone are endless! With an extremely low crime rate and quiet ambiance, it’s no wonder why Palliser is one of Calgary’s desirable southwest communities.
Palliser students are designated to attend the same schools as its neighbouring community of Pump Hill. Chances are the kids will find friends in the area so attending the same school could be great! Both elementary and junior high are located in Palliser and Pump Hill, a fantastic convenience for parents. Elementary designation is to Nellie McClung (in Palliser), while junior high designation is to John Ware (in Pump Hill). High school students are to attend Henry Wise Wood which is somewhat close by, approximately 3.5 kilometers NE towards downtown Calgary.
Palliser is a great southwest Calgary location to live and is moderately close to downtown. We have put together some pertinent statistics concerning the area. (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 22.7%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 36.2%
- Ages 55 and up – 41.2%
- Average household income – $59,127 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 85.9%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 65.0%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 35.3%
Palliser Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – 90th Avenue SW
- Eastern Border – 19th Street SW
- Southern Border – Southland Drive SW
- Western Border – 24th Street SW
Questions about Southwest Calgary Homes?
I would love to answer them for you! Get a hold of me today at 403-370-4180 or message me below! This is my commitment to you.
Search all Palliser MLS® Real Estate Listings Now
2312 PALISWOOD Road SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4236857$489,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,277 sq. ft.119 m2Welcome to this unique and desirable property with over 1200 square feet of living space located in Palliser. Closeby to all the amenities you could want including schools, bus stops, shopping, parks and much more! As you enter this beautiful property, natural light and open space greet you. The dining area also hosts plenty of natural light and shows well with the solid oak hardwood floors. There are three great sized bedrooms on the main level along with one in the basement. The home has been well cared for and shows exceptionally. The unique kitchen has ample cabinet space along with some top end stainless steel appliances which are all included in the sale! The home has so many unique touches that it just has to be seen to appreciate. Book your showing now and jump on this deal before its gone! More detailsListed by 2% REALTY
9859 PALISTONE Road SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4236651$657,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,117 sq. ft.197 m2[OPEN HOUSE SAT APR.20:1-3] Nestled On a Picturesque Promenade, This Home Offers A Superb Residential Lifestyle – Immense Landscaped Lot, Sunny Rear Yard, 5-Bedrms – Layout Great For Family & Entertaining. Entrance graced by a classic veranda. A large eat-in kitchen ably interfaces with dining, living, great rooms & opens to rear yard. Living & great rooms both have updated fireplaces – snuggle up! Great room opens to covered patio-deck – enjoy BBQ’s. Relax in the massive sunny south rear yard, large lawn & patio. Upstairs has a rare 5 bedrooms; windows with lovely landscape views. Master with ensuite. Also 2nd bath. Lower has den & large rec room. Well cared for, updates incl. windows, furnaces, hot water tank, electrical, fireplaces, shingles, attic insulation, lighting. Oversize dbl grg. Elegant aggregate walk & driveway. Near Schools, Glenmore Park & Landing. Palliser is an upscale, popular community. And large 2-storey listings are a rarity. More detailsListed by CIR REALTY