Altadore is an upscale inner city area found just minutes from the downtown core. Established in 1945, Altadore homes have diversified over the years with a renaissance towards infill development in the last decade, making it a desirable area for Calgary home buyers looking for the inner city lifestyle.
Urban redevelopment plans initiated by the City of Calgary have made Altadore a prime location for new infill homes, also causing some current home owners to renovate in the process. Here are 3 reasons why to buy a home in Altadore.
Search Altadore Calgary Homes for Sale
1547 34 Avenue SW in Calgary: Altadore Multi Unit for sale : MLS® # C4133314$1,199,999Commercial
- MLS® Num:
- C4133314Well maintained legal 6plex, multi-family unit in the ever popular and trendy community of Marda Loop. This property consists of 4 X 2 bedroom units, and 1 X 1 bedroom and 1 bachelor. Total rents are currently $6325, with 2 of the 3 garage bays empty. We are aware that the rents are very under market, especially for this area. The one bedroom and the bachelor are both below grade. It sits on an expansive corner lot and only steps away from city transit and the many amenities the Marda Loop area has to offer. Boiler and hot water tank were done in 2006, and the roof has around 10 years left on its life - however it is a flat tar/gravel roof, so it could easily be extended. Shopping, dining, beautiful parks and more. Proven rental history and additional revenue possible from the 3 car garage on site. One coin-op washer and dryer, 6 refrigerators and 6 stoves included. Call today for more information! More detailsRE/MAX HOUSE OF REAL ESTATE
3515 21 Street SW in Calgary: Altadore Multi Unit for sale : MLS® # C4125356$2,850,000Commercial
- MLS® Num:
- C4125356IDEAL MULTIFAMILY LOCATION located in HEART of MARDA LOOP-3515/3511 21ST SW. This land package is 140x 100 ft and currently has 2 bungalows with multiple apartments on the site. The site is zoned MC-2 and approved with a development permit in place for The Union Condominium- a 33 unit condo building. Complete with parking and landscaping this building is sure to attract marda loops best buyers. Perfect location for multifamily while using as a holding property that rents easily. There are 7 apartments on site now. The current units are completely rented and have long term tenants that want to stay. Plans are included in this purchase. Very special business opportunity in Calgary's best neighbourhood. More detailsREAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS INC.
Altadore Amenities and Services
The surrounding amenities are numerous. Marda Loop is host to over one hundred businesses ranging from A to Z; you name it and Marda Loop has it. Some of my favourite places in Marda Loop include the Belmont Diner, Avenue Deli, Phil and Sebastians, Garrison Pub, Globefish Sushi and much more.
- Altadore includes an elementary school for kindergartens to grade six.
- Altadore also has a school for the physically disabled which goes from grades three to nine.
- The designated Junior High school is Mount Royal Junior High, while the designated High School is Central Memorial.
- Also, the University of Calgary is easily accessible via bus route 72 / route 73 and Mount Royal University is located just across Crowchild Trail.
Altadore Community Demographics
As a home buyer it is always valuable to know some of the statistics of communities you are researching. Some interesting demographics for Altadore include (as of 2006 Census of Canada):
- 70.6% owned / 29.4% rented
- Average Household income of $65,391
- 27.1% of residents are under the age of 25
- 55.2% of residents are between the age of 25-54
- 17.7% of residents are above the age of 55 (All as of 2009)
- 89.9% of residents have their High School Diploma or better
Altadore Community Boundaries are:
- Northern border – 33rd Avenue SW from Crowchild Trail to 14th Street SW
- Eastern border – 14th Street SW from 33rd Avenue SW to 50th Avenue SW
- Southern border – 50th Avenue SW from Crowchild Trail to 14th Street SW
- Western border – Crowchild Trail from 50th Avenue SW to 33rd Avenue SW
More on Altadore
Inner City Resources
Questions about Inner City Homes?
If you are thinking about moving to Altadore, let me be your guide and help you find the best property for the best value! Call me anytime at 403-370-4180, I am looking forward to helping you accomplish your real estate goals!