Calgary Real Estate Market Update June 2013
Calgary residential sales in June 2013 have surpassed growth expectations! A total of 2,317 sold units have made sales 6 percent higher in comparison to June 2012, a figure that is also approximately 5 percent higher than levels in the first half of 2013.
While these sales statistics report strong numbers, it is important to remember that they are not necessarily reflective of the impact the recent floods will have on Calgary real estate. Statistics released in the following months by CREB will be a better indicator.
Calgary condos sales continue to outperform single-family sales, as there are less single-family homes priced under half a million causing many to turn towards condos as they are generally more affordable.
Calgary Real Estate Single Family Home Market
- 1,638 total sales – a 2 percent increase year over year
- 8.573 total semi-annual sales – only a 1 percent increase over the same time in 2012
- $459,700 single-family home benchmark price – a year over year increase of 6.7 percent
Calgary Real Estate Condominium and Townhouse Market
- January 1st to June 30th, 2013 saw a total of 2,034 condo / apartment sales – an increase of 9.5 percent over the same time in 2012
- January 1st to June 30th, 2013 saw a total of 1,672 condo / townhome sale – an increase of 298 units over the same time in 2012
- $264,000 condominium / apartment benchmark price
- $295,000 condominium / townhouse benchmark price
- Condominium prices have increased year over year by 6 percent
Calgary Real Estate Market Update
- 3,003 total new listings – a 9 percent decrease year over year
- 4,584 total active listings – a 20 percent decrease year over year