Erlton Calgary Community Review and Home Search
Erlton Calgary is an inner city community in the southwest bounded by the Elbow River, Roxboro and Macleod Trail south.
Found approximately 2 kilometres away from the city core, Erlton is only minutes away from any point in downtown and is particularly close to the central business district.
Erlton homes are mostly apartments and condominiums with a lesser majority of single-family homes found mostly in the southern region of the community.
Erlton Calgary typically has less active listings than other inner city communities like Hillhurst for example because of its smaller size.
One of the great things about Erlton is its walk ability factor. Residents are in close proximity to LRT, Stampede Grounds, Talisman Centre, Victoria Park, the Elbow River parks and pathways and so much more, making Erlton a great community to live in if leaving the car at home is desirable.
Varying elevations in the Erlton area gives some of its residences spectacular views of downtown Calgary and surrounding areas.
Erlton Calgary Schools
- Public Elementary / Junior High – Rideau Park – 829 Rideau Road SW – 403-777-7480
- Public / French Immersion Senior High – Western Canada – 641 17th Avenue SW – 403-228-5363
- French Immersion Elementary (k-4) – William Reid – 1216 36th Avenue SW – 403-777-6940
- French Immersion Junior High (5-9) – Elboya – 4804 6th Street SW – 403-777-7760
Amenities and Services
Macleod Trail South – find countless amenities and services of all categories including…
- Chinook Mall
- World Health Club
- Home Depot
- South Centre Mall
- 42nd Avenue LRT Station
- Professional buildings
- Strip malls
- Warehouse industrial areas and more!
Victoria Park – find some of the best in Calgary in Victoria Park, a vibrant and culturally rich beltline community…
- Calgary Stampede Grounds
- Sunterra Market
- Elbow River Casino
- Anytime Fitness
- Talisman Centre
- Scotiabank Saddledome
- Hotel Arts and much more!
East Village – Residents in Erlton are only a few minutes away from the newly redeveloped East Village. Imagine taking a stroll along the Elbow River on a beautiful summer’s day towards East Village, then stopping in at the new National Music Centre or perhaps the revitalized St. Patrick’s Island and the Calgary Zoo.
Downtown Calgary – it’s hard to think of what isn’t found in downtown. Our city core has everything from fine dining restaurants and fast food options to shopping and nightlife.
Thanks to Statistics Canada and the City of Calgary Civic Census for these relevant statistics for Erlton Calgary. Check them out!
- Ages 24 and below – 12.7% (2011)
- Ages 25 to 54 – 64.0% (2011)
- Ages 55 and up – 23.3% (2011)
- Average household income – $88,676 (2005)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 77.9% (2006)
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 76.6% (2006)
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 23.4% (2006)
Erlton Community Boundaries
- Northern Border – Elbow River
- Eastern Border – Macleod Trail / Spiller Road
- Southern Border – 34th Avenue, Mission Road
- Western Border – Escarpment of the Elbow River
More on Inner City Homes in Calgary
Questions about Erlton Calgary Homes?
Search Erlton Calgary MLS Listings