Calgary has become a hot spot for luxury homes. Abundant employment opportunities, high average incomes and low taxes are only some of the contributing factors as to why more people are buying luxury homes in Calgary than ever before.
As a matter of fact, 2012 was a record setting year for luxury homes sales in Calgary, while recently released reports show that luxury home sales have followed this upward trend well into 2013.
So why should you buy a luxury home in Calgary? Here are some reasons why one might be the best choice for you and your family this time around.
If you have any questions about Calgary luxury homes, call me anytime or message me below!
Almost always Calgary luxury homes and communities are defined by an amazing location which could include any one or a combination of the following…
- Estate sized properties found on the outskirts or just outside of town, like those in the award winning Calgary luxury community Watermark at Bearspaw.
- Exclusive inner city living only minutes from downtown just like in Mount Royal Calgary luxury homes.
- Close to schools, amenities, green spaces, parks and waterways such as the Glenmore Reservoir, a trait that luxury homes in Bayview Calgary share with other exclusive communities.
- Quiet and serene community ambiance with little traffic, a characteristic shared by the luxury neighbourhood of Roxboro and many other upscale areas.
- Nearby golf course in the centre of a luxury area, or perhaps on the border just like the Calgary Golf and Country Club bordering the highly desirable luxury community of Bel-Aire.
- Fantastic views of the Rocky Mountains, rolling foothills, ravines and everything in between, something that is of the norm for Calgary luxury homes in Aspen Woods, a well-established upscale community in the southwest.
As you can see, Calgary is host to a wide variety of luxury communities and homes. Luxury buyers in Calgary have only the utmost of options when choosing a location that fits their wants and needs.
Luxurious home features
We all know that luxury homes are also defined by their features. Characteristic of many luxury homes are all-inclusive amenities and unique attributes that could include several of the following…
- Large square footage
- Large living spaces
- High end materials and appliances
- Custom architecture and interiors
- Open entrance way with beautiful chandelier
- Spa-like features in master suite and bathrooms
- Latest and greatest, easy to use electronic controls
- All-inclusive security system
- Custom wine cabinet
- Home movie theatre
- Indoor or outdoor swimming pool
- Large backyard
- Gated property
Luxury home buyers usually know what they want out of their home. Having the opportunity to pick and choose home features that contour to the lifestyle of buyers and their families is only one of the benefits of buying a luxury home in Calgary.
All-inclusive community features
Many new luxury community developments in the Calgary region are being built on the outskirts of the city, or just outside the city borders to allow for an all-inclusive master plan without any space limitations. These areas are the pinnacle of suburban and estate luxury living in Calgary and can include…
- Central amenity area
- Public outdoor barbecue stove and pit
- Verandahs and picnic tables
- Body of water for swimming and other water activities
- Beautifully landscaped public areas
- Interconnected pathways and abundant green spaces
- Full-time maintenance staff and concierge
- One-entrance, gated community with security system
While luxury communities in the inner city of Calgary might not have the space for a central lake, they do have extreme convenience of having the opportunity to live a walkable lifestyle, quick access to downtown and some of the best in Calgary.
It’s up to the buyer to choose what location is more luxurious for them in terms of their wants and needs.