Parkdale is another inner city location just minutes away from downtown Calgary. Its unique location has brought on much redevelopment including new Calgary infill construction projects as well as the renovations of existing homes.
Parkdale was established by the City of Calgary as a post WWII outer city community in 1948 but is now located within its inner core. Parkdale has ample access to downtown, main roads, public transportation and amenities; everything that a home owner needs.
Search Parkdale Calgary MLS Listings
3622 8 Avenue NW in Calgary: Parkdale House for sale : MLS® # C4163999$1,300,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,898 sq. ft.269 m2Understated elegance in this Parkdale gem w/ over 3,400 sqft of living space. Large entry way & gleaming hardwood floors throughout the main & upper. Living rm is flooded w/ natural light, ft views of the valley & a gas FP surrounded by beautiful stone & built-ins. Massive dining rm is perfect for entertaining & large family gatherings. The kitchen is a chef's dream & boasts gorgeous granite countertops, stainless steel appliances incl a Viking Prof gas stove, ample cabinets & a large island. Main flr also ft a breakfast nook w/ built-ins & a family rm separated by french doors. Appreciate vaulted ceilings upstairs & a spacious master retreat w/ a private balcony & a spa inspired 6pc ensuite. Upstairs is completed w/ two additional bedrms; one w/ its own walk-in closet, 4pc bath & laundry rm. Lower level ft beautifully polished, heated concrete flooring & has space for a gym or additional rec rm. It's completed by a 3pc bath & 4th bed. Steps to the Foothills Hospital, river pathways & schools. More detailsRE/MAX REAL ESTATE (CENTRAL)
2926 6 Avenue NW in Calgary: Parkdale House for sale : MLS® # C4163469$1,038,500Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,246 sq. ft.209 m2Gorgeous 2 storey family home in the desirable community of Parkdale within walking distance of Foothills Hospital and the River Valley! This under construction home has an open floor plan, built in sound system, beautiful finishes, vaulted ceilings and plenty of big bright windows. The spacious foyer leads you past a sunny den into your kitchen. The kitchen is a chef’s dream with a large island w/ breakfast bar, quartz countertops and a generous $15000 credit for appliances. The kitchen flows into your dining area with space for a good-sized table. The living room centres around a cozy modern fireplace and provides plenty of space to entertain. A mudroom w/ built in storage and 2pc bath complete this level. Upstairs your master suite is an oasis with a spacious walk-in closet and 5p ensuite with jetted soaker tub , gorgeous stand up shower and a two way fireplace. 2 additional generously sized bedrooms, a full bath, a large bonus room with built ins and convenient upper floor laundry complete this level. The basement is fully finished with two large bedrooms( one with a walk-in closet) a full bath, a bar and large family room with built in cabinetry. Separate entrance from the rear enables this to be an ideal nanny or guest suite. The property will be landscaped both front and back. Parkdale is full of new infills with all amenities available close by including schools and shopping. Make an offer now and select appliances to meet your needs. Lowest priced single home in the area. Phone your favourite realtor to view this gem today. More detailsFIVE STAR REALTY
Amenities and Services
Parkdale is conveniently located near University Heights strip mall that has over two dozen business ready to serve you. If you are looking for something else a short five minute drive or less going east along the Trans-Canada you will find Home Depot and North Hill Mall. If you can’t find what you are looking for at one of these locations, try going west and turning onto Shaganappi Trail North to visit one of Calgary’s shopping centres, Market Mall.
Foothills Hospital is located just north of the community and just a kilometre or so past that is McMahon Stadium and then the University of Calgary. SAIT Polytechnic, Alberta College of Art and Design and the Jubilee Auditorium are located in less than five minutes of driving from the community as well!
Amenities and services surrounding this inner city community will make sure that you never have to stray farther than five kilometers from your house unless you desire to do so. Everything you need from A to Z, automobile services to entertainment and restaurants, is just a short drive away!
Parkdale is home to one elementary school. University Elementary provides great education for kindergarten to grade six. Students are then designated to attend Queen Elizabeth Junior High and Senior High school for the remainder of their public education. Queen Elizabeth is located within Hillhurst, which just happens to be less than a ten minute drive away.
Statistics are always essential knowledge for any home buyer before buying a home in an unknown community. Check out some of Parkdale’s statistics recently collected from Government Census (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 22.6%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 44.6%
- Ages 55 and up – 32.9%
- Average household income – $59,323 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 84.2%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 62.1%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 38.5%
Parkdale is serviced by over a dozen routes that either have stops along its borders or within the community itself. These routes include route 1 – Bowness and Forest Lawn, route 9 – Varsity Acres and Bridgeland, route 17 – Renfrew and Spruce Cliff, Route 19 and 119 – 16th Avenue North, route 72 and 73 – City Circle Route, route 91 – Lion’s Park and Brentwood, route 113 – Montgomery, route 174 – Scenic Acres Express, route 181 – Mount Royal University North Express, route 404 – North Hill, route 405 – Hillhurst and finally route 419 – Parkdale and Foothills.
These routes all have particular paths around the city where they cover anywhere that you need to go. There are five total LRT stations within three kilometers of the community as well, with the closest one being Banff Trail Station. Commuting using public transportation while living in Parkdale has never been easier.
Parkdale Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – Foothills Hospital from the 16th Avenue NW to 29th Street NW
- Eastern Border – 28th Street NW from 8th Avenue to the Bow River
- Southern Border – Bow River from 28th Street NW and Shouldice Bridge to Shaganappi Trail North.
- Western Border – Shaganappi Trail North from Shouldice Bridge to 16th Avenue NW
More Inner City…
Questions about Calgary Inner City Homes?