Parkdale is another inner city location just minutes away from downtown Calgary. Its unique location has brought on much redevelopment including new Calgary infill construction projects as well as the renovations of existing homes.
Parkdale was established by the City of Calgary as a post WWII outer city community in 1948 but is now located within its inner core. Parkdale has ample access to downtown, main roads, public transportation and amenities; everything that a home owner needs.
Search Parkdale Calgary MLS Listings
2926 6 Avenue NW in Calgary: Parkdale House for sale : MLS® # C4137068$1,060,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,246 sq. ft.209 m2Gorgeous 2 storey family home in the desirable community of Parkdale within walking distance of Foothills Hospital and the River Valley! This under construction home has an open floor plan, built in sound system, beautiful finishes, vaulted ceilings and plenty of big bright windows. The spacious foyer leads you past a sunny den into your kitchen. The kitchen is a chef’s dream with a large island w/ breakfast bar, quartz countertops and a generous $15000 credit for appliances. The kitchen flows into your dining area with space for a good-sized table. The living room centres around a cozy modern fireplace and provides plenty of space to entertain. A mudroom w/ built in storage and 2pc bath complete this level. Upstairs your master suite is an oasis with a spacious walk-in closet and 5p ensuite with jetted soaker tub , gorgeous stand up shower and a two way fireplace. 2 additional generously sized bedrooms, 3pc bath, a large bonus room with built ins and convenient upper floor laundry complete this level. The fully finished lower level has even more to offer with 2 large bedrooms, full bath with a custom shower and a large family room w/an elongated wet bar w/ storage. The basement has separate entry from the rear. Outside your fully fenced yard boasts a large 10 * 10 deck and path leading to your double detached garage. Walking distance from the Foothills Hospital and Bow River and close to schools, shopping and less than 15 minutes from University of Calgary, Mount Royal University and SAIT! Don’t miss out on all this home has to offer, book your showing today. Please note the picture is a 3D rendering only. Listing Realtor and or a builder representative must be present for all showings due to insurance regulations. More detailsFIVE STAR REALTY
539 32 Street NW in Calgary: Parkdale House for sale : MLS® # C4135055$999,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,272 sq. ft.211 m2Perfectly located on a spacious 30-foot corner lot just steps to the river and pathway system. Enjoy quick access to the Foothills hospital, downtown core and Kensington! This beautifully maintained 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath home is stylish and functional and perfect for busy family life. 3300 sqft of highly appointed living space throughout includes granite counter tops, custom built-ins and cabinetry, hardwood and tile flooring. The bright and open main floor features an inviting living and dining area, cozy fireplace, tiled back entry, gourmet kitchen with gas range and front flex room. The upper level showcases 2 bedrooms, convenient laundry area and roomy master bedroom with vaulted ceilings, large walk-in closet and 5-piece ensuite. Fully developed down with 9’ ceilings, in-floor heat, 4th bedroom, full bath and open media room with wet bar. West facing backyard with stamped concrete patio, double garage, upgraded mechanical system, central A/C, freshly painted interior…too many features to list! More detailsRE/MAX REALTY PROFESSIONALS
708 35A Street NW in Calgary: Parkdale House for sale : MLS® # C4106905$1,899,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,306 sq. ft.307 m2Fabulous, Luxury, family living with a total of 4426 Sq Ft. Massive open floor plan, with 10' ceilings, designer kitchen, main floor office, ideal side entry with tons of storage & cubbies. Endless, Showstopper detailing of lighting, hardwood, countertops and built-ins! Upper has a total of 3 bedrooms, Master is the ultimate of private suites, custom tiled steam shower, soaker tub, massive walk-in closet. Upper laundry is super, spacious with sink and walk-in linen closet. Lower has 27'x21' Games room, 16'x12' Gym, 4th Bedroom, another 5 Pce Bathroom. All this on 50X120 Lot with triple car Garage. Close to River paths, Foothills & Children's Hospitals, U of C, Downtown and public transportation. Under construction, built by Lindner Enterprises Inc, some choices possible, ready for Sept possession. More detailsRE/MAX REAL ESTATE (CENTRAL)
Amenities and Services
Parkdale is conveniently located near University Heights strip mall that has over two dozen business ready to serve you. If you are looking for something else a short five minute drive or less going east along the Trans-Canada you will find Home Depot and North Hill Mall. If you can’t find what you are looking for at one of these locations, try going west and turning onto Shaganappi Trail North to visit one of Calgary’s shopping centres, Market Mall.
Foothills Hospital is located just north of the community and just a kilometre or so past that is McMahon Stadium and then the University of Calgary. SAIT Polytechnic, Alberta College of Art and Design and the Jubilee Auditorium are located in less than five minutes of driving from the community as well!
Amenities and services surrounding this inner city community will make sure that you never have to stray farther than five kilometers from your house unless you desire to do so. Everything you need from A to Z, automobile services to entertainment and restaurants, is just a short drive away!
Parkdale is home to one elementary school. University Elementary provides great education for kindergarten to grade six. Students are then designated to attend Queen Elizabeth Junior High and Senior High school for the remainder of their public education. Queen Elizabeth is located within Hillhurst, which just happens to be less than a ten minute drive away.
Statistics are always essential knowledge for any home buyer before buying a home in an unknown community. Check out some of Parkdale’s statistics recently collected from Government Census (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 22.6%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 44.6%
- Ages 55 and up – 32.9%
- Average household income – $59,323 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 84.2%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 62.1%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 38.5%
Parkdale is serviced by over a dozen routes that either have stops along its borders or within the community itself. These routes include route 1 – Bowness and Forest Lawn, route 9 – Varsity Acres and Bridgeland, route 17 – Renfrew and Spruce Cliff, Route 19 and 119 – 16th Avenue North, route 72 and 73 – City Circle Route, route 91 – Lion’s Park and Brentwood, route 113 – Montgomery, route 174 – Scenic Acres Express, route 181 – Mount Royal University North Express, route 404 – North Hill, route 405 – Hillhurst and finally route 419 – Parkdale and Foothills.
These routes all have particular paths around the city where they cover anywhere that you need to go. There are five total LRT stations within three kilometers of the community as well, with the closest one being Banff Trail Station. Commuting using public transportation while living in Parkdale has never been easier.
Parkdale Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – Foothills Hospital from the 16th Avenue NW to 29th Street NW
- Eastern Border – 28th Street NW from 8th Avenue to the Bow River
- Southern Border – Bow River from 28th Street NW and Shouldice Bridge to Shaganappi Trail North.
- Western Border – Shaganappi Trail North from Shouldice Bridge to 16th Avenue NW
More Inner City…
Questions about Calgary Inner City Homes?