PEELED® Calgary Cocktail Festival – YYC’s First!
This is just what our city needs… a brand-new festival dedicated to supporting, promoting and growing Calgary’s not-so-boisterous cocktail scene!
I mean, there are some good places to grab a cocktail in Calgary, but I find that the full extent of how many such places exist isn’t as common of knowledge as it should be!
If you love trying out new cocktails or perhaps enjoy sipping on one of your old favourites (mine just happens to be an old-fashioned), you’ll want to check out one of these events happening during the very first PEELED® Calgary Cocktail Festival.
If not, you can also stop in at any of the festivals business partners listed below and try their feature ‘Peeled’ cocktail. Also see our list of Best August Festivals in Calgary (2017).
- The Bank & Baron Pub – 125 8 Ave SW, Calgary
- Klein: Harris – 110 8 Ave SW, Calgary
- Last Best – 607 11 Ave SW, Calgary
- Milk Tiger Lounge - 1410 4 St SW, Calgary
- Model Milk - 308 17 Ave SW, Calgary
- Native Tongues Taqueria – 235 12 Ave SW, Calgary
- One18 Empire – 820 Centre St S, Calgary
- Ox Bar de Tapas - 528 17 Ave SW, Calgary
- Proof – 1302 1 St SW, Calgary
- Raw Bar - 119 12 Ave SW, Calgary
- Ricardo’s Hideaway – 1530 5 St SW, Calgary
- Sub Rosa - 200 8 Ave SW, Calgary
- The Derrick Gin Mill & Kitchen – 620 8 Ave SW, Calgary
- The Guild - 200 8 Ave SW, Calgary
‘Peeled’ Passport & Costs
As mentioned above, from August 12th to the 14th, you’ll be able to go to any one of the establishments listed as a partner with the festival to experience their feature ‘Peeled’ cocktail.
But first… in hand you’ll need a ‘Peeled Passport’ which can be picked up at the Welcome Reception happening at The Bank & Baron from 11:00am to 1:00pm on Saturday, August 12th. These passports are included with all ticket purchases starting at $40.00 per person.
Part festival guide part key, your passport will unlock a world of cocktails for you at each location listed above. The passport offers each cocktail for only $9.00.
The following events are happening this coming Saturday and Sunday throughout the day:
August 12th, 2017
Welcome Reception – 11:00am to 1:00pm @ The Bank & Baron
How to Setup and Stock a Home Bar with Jeff Savage – 12:30pm to 1:30pm @ Proof
The History of Cocktails with Dale Degroff – 2:00pm to 3:30pm – @ Sub Rosa
Bringing the Old-Fashioned Home with Jason Wankel – 2:30pm to 3:30pm @ Ox Bar De Tapas
The Grand Event – 8:00pm to 2:00am @ The Bank & Baron
August 13th, 2017
A World of Bitters with Jeff Savage – 12:30pm to 1:30pm @ Proof
The Grand Finale – 4:00pm to 10:00pm @ The Marriot Hotel Rooftop (downtown)
- For more information, visit the official website at www.calgarycocktailfestival.com
I Love Calgary!
Looking for more of the best activities, events and everything else to do with YYC? If so, we invite you to join us and tens of thousands of other locals at Calgaryism on Facebook and Instagram today! We hope to see you there!