Your Guide to Buying New Condos in Calgary
Are you thinking about buying a new condominium in Calgary? If so, you have come to the right place! Best Calgary Homes is your one-stop guide to buying both new and resale condos in Calgary!
As a highly-experienced condo specialist with almost 15 years of helping people buy and sell condominiums, I know the local condo market inside and out and would love the opportunity help you make your next transaction a success!
Begin your New Condo Search Today:
What You Get With Cody Battershill, REALTOR®
- Full benefit of Cody’s intimate knowledge of Calgary’s new and resale condo markets
- Adept third-party negotiation skills and objective advice with your best interests at heart – always
- 24-hour support to help guide you towards picking a new condo that fits your wants to the fullest
- 24-hour email notifications sent to your inbox with new listings on the MLS® that fit your criteria
- Access to new condo information such as floor plans, building specifications and up-and-coming developments via Cody
- Good communication via telephone, text or email. You stay updated within the hour on the development of your transaction
- Referral to reputable industry professionals if necessary i.e. real estate lawyer, home inspector, mortgage specialist, document review service
Questions about New Condos in Calgary?
New Calgary Condo FAQ’s, Answered by an Expert!
Many new condos in Calgary are currently in the pre-construction or mid-construction phase which can make make it difficult to get a feel for which one to buy. Some questions you have about buying a new condominium may include:
Q. What developer should I choose to buy with?
Does the developer have experience in the type of project (low-rise, mid-rise, high-rise) they are building? What about their track record… is there satisfied customers who would recommend their condo?
It is essential you find the right developer for the job. When you buy a new condo, you are essentially investing into that developer and trusting that they will deliver on their product and promises.
- Learn more at our New Calgary Condo Guide: Choosing the Right Developer
Q. When is the best time to buy?
What is the outlook like for the Calgary real estate market? Have recent new condos sales been trending down or up and is there any downturn in sight?
This is where I use my extensive knowledge about the local real estate market and years of experience as a Certified Condo Specialist to give you a recommendation of what the best move would be for you.
- Learn about recent trends at our Calgary Real Estate Market Updates
Q. How to buy a unit without being able to walk inside it?
One of the hardest parts about buying a new condominium in Calgary is the fact that in most instances the developer doesn’t have a finished unit for you to walk through and evaluate.
You essentially have to make a decision between new condos based off virtual reality tours, blueprints and show suites. There are several things you can do to make sure it is the one.
- Also see our 6 Tips for Buying a New Condo from a Floor Plan
Q. How to determine which condo is the best?
All new condos in Calgary are built to spark the interest of the buyer. Keep in mind that just because the show suite or exterior of the building is swanky looking and attracts your attention, that doesn’t mean that there might not be some ongoing issues with the quality of interior finishings or developer’s on-going customer service.
Determining which new condo plan that suites your wants, needs and lifestyle best is essential in being 100% satisfied with your purchase. I use my extensive knowledge and experience in the new Calgary condo market to help guide you towards a unit with the location, floor plan and price point that you desire.
- Learn more at our New Calgary Condo Guide: Choosing the Right Condo Plan
Q. What steps are involved in buying a new condo?
Just exactly how are you supposed to get started buying a new condominium in Calgary? While you could go to a developer’s sales office and begin the process yourself, it is highly recommended that you acquire expert third-party representation instead. Remember, the developer pays your agent commission on the sale, not you!
Furthermore, buying a new condo can be stressful if you don’t have the right information or aren’t familiar with the process. Save yourself time and stress by hiring a new condo specialist who will take care of all the details for you and guide you through, step-by-step!
- Also see these 15 Steps to Buying a New Condo in Calgary
Make the Best Decisions!
With so many new condos in Calgary currently for sale, it is important you get hard facts and all the information so that you can make only the best decisions when buying.
As a Certified Condo Specialist, E-pro Marketing Specialist, Accredited Buyers Representative and Green REALTOR® with nearly 15 years of experience in the new condo market, I have all the resources and experience necessary to provide you with only the best service, advice and third-party representation throughout your next condo transaction.
Contact me today!